Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Resource Sharing #1

The blog that I found this week was helpful to me specifically because this is a subject I teach. The blog is http://www.geographictravels.com/
This blog covers all sorts of geography related topics that range from how parts of the middle east differ from each other to a whole section on teaching aides for the classroom. If you click on this link it takes you right to his teaching aides section. http://www.geographictravels.com/search/label/Geography%20Education%20and%20Teaching%20Aides
The very first post you see there is about finding birth rate and growth rate, both are things I do in my geography class, and both are things students have trouble with. This could be a helpful site to share with them. In the teaching aides section there is are also helpful features such as a chart that will allow you to see when a map went out of date by comparing what countries are on the map and how they are labeled.
I also like that this blog uses lots of videos and pictures. I know that I personally am a very visual person, and many of my students are as well. I am not going to use or read a blog that cannot hold my attention, and a blog of only words usually won't do that.
Overall, I found this blog to be very helpful for anyone teaching Geography or even just interested in geography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greatest Video Ever!